Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dad is excited about going to my Brothers.

Dad is on his third shave, he is looking forward to going.

As much as we love each other, we certainly needed this break. Yesterday, Dad was determined he was going for a walk. He became slightly aggressive, saying he never goes anywhere. Oh dear! He also said something about missing out on going anywhere for Xmas. I got a glimpse of how difficult it will be not to correct him when things progress further.
I feel like he is attached at the hip. So this break will do both of us the world of good.

And Dad's bowels moved thoroughly overnight. It's certainly better than becoming impacted, but from one extreme to the other (and it took a couple of weeks)! So my Brother will have to play it by ear with the senna and prunes.

As for me I'm off in the morning on the ferry/ship to Tasmania. It's a 9 hour trip so I'll spend some time in the cinema/bars/restaurants and will begin one of my books I was given for Xmas.
...sensational.

I wont be posting till I get back so Happy New Year to all my family, and to all the people involved with a Lewy journey, David and Heather and Ian; I'm looking forward to the next installment about the folks in Okeroo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I just found your blog today and I've added it to my blogroll.

    How funny you live in Australia- I just returned from Sydney earlier this year after living there for three years. My husband and I returned to the US to help care for Dad. I loved every minute of our adventure down under and desperately wish I was back there. sigh.

    Happy New Year to you and your family. Have a brilliant time in Tassie- it's one of my favorite places.

    I'll continue to follow along with your journey. Take care.

    ReplyDelete