Friday, March 27, 2009

Antibiotics

Took Dad this morning to our family doctor. His cough was getting worse. The doctor said his chest is clear, no temperature, no sore throat but thought it best to start him on antibiotics to prevent an infection. We were going to have dinner tonight at my married daughters place but decided to postpone until Dad is feeling better.

The 'I am having problems pooing' have subsided. Thank goodness. Dad was becoming quite morose about his difficulties.

Last night Dad was up at 3.45 am wanting to have brekky...helped him back to bed. When I got up around 8 Dad was already up and dressed and asleep in the lounge room so I'm not sure what time he actually got up.

Earlier last night I heard my daughter scream from the lounge room...'the dogs got Pa's teeth'. I'm dog sitting for my married daughter and Dad must have nodded off and his teeth fell out. I managed to retrieve the dentures before the dog took off with them for one of his hard to find places.

3 comments:

  1. "The Dogs got Pa's teeth!"
    Absolutely love it. See all the fun we get to have? Heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! There is joy amongst the struggle! :)

    By the way, I'm moving my blog to a new one if you care to bookmark it.....

    http://seniorsafari.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god Mum, that is so funny that Hachi had Pa's teeth, I'm cracking up. I'm glad you have found these other respite places too, you really deserve a break.

    ReplyDelete