Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Flu and pneumonia shots.

Dad had his flu and pneumonia shots yesterday after he spent the day at his day-care facility. And his dr filled out some forms required for respite. I just dropped off the paper work and are keeping my fingers crossed.
Of an early evening Dad is still having trouble using the toilet. He seems overwhelmed when he does poo...mostly not wiping. I have to supervise, coach him along to get through the process...give him paper, wipe, drop paper in toilet not on floor, repeat...flush, wash hands.
He is becoming a lot more dependent. He hates to not know where I am. He comes searching in the house for me. If I have a shower he thinks I'm going to go somewhere and leave him alone. One good thing he has slept through the last couple of nights without waking me. But he is back to not being able to shuffle himself in bed and places himself across the bed, width ways instead of length ways. Showering I also need to supervise more. Regulate temperature, wash his hair, tell him to get soap...wash bits, rinse soap off.
During the day he is in good spirits and this I'm thankful for. It would be awful if he was miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment