Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a day!

Yesterday, I got the letter of confirmation regarding Dad's respite. And an extra 2 weeks has been added in June. I felt relieved and yet saddened, too. I think I keep emotions at bay so I can get through the day and then when something occurs such as the letter, my stomach turns over and I kind of feel like when a child wants their Mum...a bit overwhelmed. So I banish those thoughts and get on with my day and what a day that followed.
I had packed up my daughter's dog's belongings because he was going home for the weekend, a massive thunder storm had hit and my other daughter rang and was at the bus stop. So I gather dog, Dad, paraphernalia and then I fell down the front steps...on my back, ouch! Couldn't get up for awhile...in the rain. Dad was having kittens...was winded couldn't talk. Eventually get up...luckily I fell on the dogs lead or he would have taken off for the park. Get up, take dog and Dad back inside. Phone daughters tell them I'll be a bit late. Sit for awhile, clean myself up, and try again. Pick up daughter from bus stop...dog vomits in car...poor little thing. He bites daughter on finger, doesn't break skin but hurts daughter's feelings. Thunder and lightening, dog whimpering, daughter upset...get to other daughters. Drop off dog, daughter, paraphernalia; given boot (trunk) load of stuff other daughter doesn't want anymore...Mum will take it to an op-shop...leave, peak hour traffic. Then Dad needs to go to the toilet, NOW. I'm thinking, dog vomit now just what I need, passenger seat wet. Dad NEVER curses but is now cursing at traffic lights, cars, pedestrians. I head for a park which has a toilet. Dad makes it. I feel like I limp home even though I'm driving. Thank goodness I didn't break any bones and are just nursing a bruised bottom and sore back. What a day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you poor thing!
    I've had that day too.
    But hey, look at it this way...it could've been worse...your Dad could've bitten the dog...mine threatened to do such things! LOL!
    Rest up...I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laine,

    hahahahaha thats the best laugh I've had in ages...had to gulp my coffee before I spluttered it all over the comp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Sounds like you did have quite a day. I hope things have settled down for you.

    ReplyDelete