Monday, April 20, 2009

My first visit with Dad in repite.

I visited Dad on the weekend and whilst I was there 2 of my cousins arrived for a visit too. On first appearances I noticed Dad had very large puffy bags under his eyes. These puffy bags were about half the size at home. I remember his Mother, my Grandmother getting very large puffy bags. As we chatted Dad mentioned that he had these puffy bags and I asked if his eyes were sore...No. He also volunteered the info that he hadn't been crying.
Dad wasn't quite his bubbly self but considering the changes he had been through, the settling in to a different environment and routine and different people to mix with, he was coping quite well.
During the week he had been on a couple of outings. One was a drive up to our hills, the Dandenongs and the other was a barbeque by the Yarra river. The staff do an amazing job.
My cousin commented later on the phone to me how all the residents were so clean and well dressed. The staff help the residents to maintain their pride and motivation.
When I was leaving a resident was setting the tables for dinner and most of the other residents were watching an orchestra on the big screen TV.
During my visit Dad asked about the cats and did I have the dog back. He didn't say he wanted to come home so I will take that as he is settling in and coping ok.
At home my daughter is writing her first Law paper. So I'm tip-toeing around her and the house, through the explosion of paper. I can remember writing my first Law paper, how my stomach turned over.

No comments:

Post a Comment