Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sleep deprivation

Dad had another bad night, waking at 2am from wetting the bed. I have started to put him in night nappies but he had wet through the nappy and was wet and so was the bed. I got him and the bed clothes changed and went back to sleep only to be woken again at 4 and 5 and 6. I feel quite ragged. This week, one morning I had what the dr thinks was a panic attack. I ended up passed out on the floor and had hit my forehead on the skirting board. The dr checked me out, blood pressure ok, eyes ok etc. It's after bad nights, the sleep deprivation makes me feel quite sick, it's more than just tired. On good days I'm beginning to feel better than I have in ages.
Dad's general health is good and he remains in good spirits but I'm noticing he is wanting to go to bed earlier, the disturbed nights must be having an affect.
This Sat my married daughter turns 25, the following week I turn 49 and 3 days later Dad turns 76. My married daughter has the flu, arrrgghhhh. When she told me my stomach turned over, she was a chronic asthmatic as a child/teenager. I think I asked her 'do you have the swine flu' 3 times. No, thank goodness. Hopefully we will all catch up for dinner next week.
The day after Dad's birthday he goes into respite for 2 weeks and I'm going to get away for a few days to recharge.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can get some rest soon. My dad does not sleep well at night and also has accidents in bed, too. It takes such a toll on my Mom's health when she doesn't get proper sleep. She feels physically ill and is wiped out the whole rest of the day. Anyway, enjoy celebrating your daughter's birthday this weekend and hopefully you can get a peaceful night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete