Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dad's Birthday

It's Dad's 76th birthday today. He has gone to his day care facility for the day. On the way I bought a choccy mud cake for him and his friends to celebrate his birthday. This morning I gave him his presents, some winter clothing and some new pj's but Dad was more interested in getting to 'the old boy's place' as he calls it. The days of buying Dad fishing rods and art supplies have gone.
Last night Dad awoke nearly every hour thinking it was morning and at one stage he thought I was playing tricks on him by telling him it was night time. It was quite disturbing when he looked at me and said 'but you are my daughter' like I was purposefully trying to confuse him.
Considering the bad night Dad was in good spirits and myself, I awoke for the first time in ages not feeling groggy. I'm guessing the thyroid, diabetes medication and the Vit D is kicking in.

Winter is setting in with the temperature, today, around 11 degrees Celsius and we have rain. Lets hope we have some decent rainfall over winter to help break the drought and to get our dams levels up.

This afternoon Dad has to have his B12 shot, not a great thing to have done on your birthday but tomorrow Dad is having 12 days in respite. My daughter has a cold and has her first law exam on Thursday with 3 more following over the next 2-3 weeks. Having a peaceful house will allow her to study and get some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Our Dad's are the same age :) Yay for doting daughters!

    ReplyDelete