Thursday, June 25, 2009

OK! I'm having a whinge.

Another bad night! Dad awoke so many times. Around 2am Dad was naked in the hallway, he had wet the bed. The heater was on but it's winter here, he was freezing so I put him in some PJ's and changed the bed. He continued to get up and turn all the lights on. He also let the cat out, who hates being outside, especially when its 2 degrees Celsius outside so around 4am the cat was banging on the wire door and I opened the door to find the cat at head height claws in the wire, shrieking. Around 6am the screaming started again. Dad was screaming out my name...I was so tired...all I could do was go up to his room and tell him he was waking up the street...I go back to bed...in zombie mode. I get up to find Dad coming in the back door. He had been to the neighbours to ask them if they could lengthen his belt. He had broken the end off one of his belts.
Later my neighbour comes to the door, I open it, the wire falls off the door and my neighbour had bought Dad a new belt. So kind of him, no need to explain to him Dad has other belts, just hold the wire up and thank him as graciously as I could. By the time I had fixed the wire Dad had lost the belt but had found his other one.

After nights like this I feel shattered and jittery like my nerves are shattered and kind of like I have really bad hay fever. Lets hope tonight is better.

On a brighter note daughter thinks she did ok in her exam and was over the moon to have completed her exams for this semester. She has gone to the country for a friends birthday and starts back at work Friday night.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you definitely deserve the whinge- what a rough few nights. I only hope things get better and you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor darlin'! All you can do is get rest when you can, I know it's hard to do but you must try. Hopefully, he will settle down at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...
    Had to check in and read about how you are all doing..."normal" life has taken over and I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. I wanted you to know that I often think about your family and Holly's, and hope you are hanging in there...I am reading all the posts I've missed right now. I so admire your strength...I've got a relative going through this process with their parent right now...and let me tell you...not everyone handles things the way they should...be proud of the person you are and what a great job you're doing. Take care, Laine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Hoping all is well in your lives.

    ReplyDelete