Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time for Respite

Dad sparked up after his B12 shot. He was more chatty, cheery and for the first 2 nights slept better. But for the past few nights he has woken up and then comes and asks me if I'm awake or what day it is. He may do this 4-7 times a night. Broken sleep is not good. Last night he woke me up thinking we had been evacuated. My brain feels hazy.
He asks me continuously if he is going to go to the 'big boys', his day centre group, he can ask every 30 mins. He talks of going to Uni to get a degree and gives me a running commentary on what the cats are doing. As soon as I'm sleep deprived my patience leaves me.
I have tried to take Dad out but he became extremely anxious, asking me over and over again what was happening to the point I was so pleased to get home.
I think it's time for respite.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Respite sounds good. I hope you have others who can help you out during these times.
    It helps both you, and Dad.

    ReplyDelete