Thursday, January 22, 2009

President Barack Obama and my two daughters.

My daughter and I sat up till 5.30 am Wednesday morning and watched the inauguration of President Barack Obama and I recorded it for Dad to watch, which he did yesterday.
What a wonderful, momentous event.
And on a personal level, my two daughters, who I'm so proud of have had lots of life changing things occur recently. My eldest daughter's career is taking off, she studied photography at VCA and is now freelancing for a few published and on-line Australian and International magazines. They're sending her to the various fashion weeks around Asia and New Zealand. She also has begun an internship/writing for an Australian magazine. She also has some fashion styling projects for fashion shoots coming up. Recently one of our main newspapers did a two page article about her. It's so amazing all the offers she is getting...and she started out with a blog.
And my youngest just finished an Arts degree and got offered Law at Monash University and also a Masters of Education at Melbourne University. She is going to do Law...I cried when she found out...it's been an amazing week for us.
And Dad continues to have great days. No new things to report which makes me very happy.
And thankyou Ian, the DVD about Alzheimers arrived, which I will watch when Dad goes to bed.

3 comments:

  1. How funny... when I was in Sydney, I worked for a large magazine company and before that I worked in TV covering fashion, fashion weeks, etc. Sounds like your daughter and I have similar interests.

    Happy to hear your Dad is still doing well. It also makes me happy to hear others around the world take such an interest in our historic inauguration. I hope your Dad continues to have many more good days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello 'lewybodydementia' said...

    That's soooo coool, you and my daughter do have such similar interests. I can understand that you would miss Sydney and your work there. I hope the USA is utilizing your talents.

    lots of best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!
    I too, have read all of your blog...and I thoroughly enjoy it. You have been through so many of the same things, and the details of your Mom passing (so very sorry about your loss)...my goodness, it was like re-living my own mom's experience...and all the little things inbetween that you've written about. I like when people add the "other" things that are going on in their lives so that we can see the full picture...dealing with Lewy...the dog, the rest of the family, got a flat tire...it really makes the craziness of this path dig itself into the reader. It shows the humanity and reality in this. Also dealing with family members with their own issues, like Aspergers...again, it adds a whole other complex dimension to caring for someone with Lewy. For me, it's dealing with a family member with BiPolar, which I have not discussed in my blog to avoid hurting anyone...but life, I tell ya, what a journey, huh?
    Yes, the so-called caregiver(s) that was involved in that intercom fiasco...complete animals, not human at all. Looking back I can hardly believe that really happened. The blessing of LBD was that my Dad forgot about it soon after it happened. Wish I could!
    I have to admit that though LBD drained us and kicked us when we were down, and though my personal journey with Lewy has passed, I am not quite ready to let go yet...so I eagerly await your posts, and am sending you all the very best wishes and biggest hugs I can!

    ReplyDelete